What Is Land Suitability Survey?
Land suitability survey, land suitability analysis, land suitability classification is a type of soil evaluation or assessment used to determine the fitness of a given type of land for a defined use.
Our land suitability surveys (analysis) are designed to help you identify the crops and farming systems that are best suited to your land. We provide you with detailed information about the soil’s physical properties such as drainage, rooting depth and water holding capacity; which is crucial especially when you are considering purchasing land for farming or changing the way in which you use your land.
We have successfully conducted land suitability assessment & classification of tens of thousands of hectares of land and guided a wide variety of investments with these methods.
The full list of information we will provide you with includes
- Soil maps based on high resolution satellite imagery and the latest advances in digital soil mapping
- A review of different farming systems and crop rotations that take into account the geography and soil properties
- Yield estimates based on our extensive experience from hundreds of field trials
- Advise on the optimal tillage systems and any investments in machinery
- Crop soil suitability analysis using GIS
- If you do go ahead with our recommendations, we can also provide you with the latest in precision agronomy services, including variety selection and variable rates for liming and fertilizer application