How reliable are the soil test kits ? Why should I use your laboratory?
Soil testing kits are cheap, provided you use your kit more than once or twice and they will give you a very general indication of your soil pH and fertility status if that is all you want.
But in order to increase your crops yields, you need soil test results that are meaningful and can be interpreted into soil management and fertilizer recommendations which will really work.
The advantages of sending a soil sample to our centralized laboratory in Nairobi are:
- The results are much more accurate – we are internationally accredited to carry out soil and water analysis. You will know your soil pH value within a tenth of a pH unit and your nutrient results will be accurate to within a few parts per million, meaning more accurate recommendations.
- Your soil sample will be handled by our professional staff of technicians who run these types of samples every workday.
- You will receive recommendations specific for whatever type crop you want to grow. The recommendations are based on the latest research, and based on our 15 years of experience.
- If you need further assistance, a CROPNUTS agent can give you follow-up advice. If you use a kit, it will be very difficult for the agent to help with interpretation since the kits use different extractants and interpretation values.
- You will have more time to focus on being a better farmer, whilst leaving soil testing to the professionals.